We had two presentations this month.
- MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) – Alan Oppenheimer of Open Door Network and Art Authority, gave a presentation on MOOCs, and the future of internet-based education in general.
- Grocery Gadget – Yvonne Fried gave us a presentation on her use of an iPhone app, Grocery Gadget.
Alan’s presentation included discussion about all of the possibilities available for online eduction. Some of the sites he pointed out were:
- Khan Academy – http://www.khanacademy.org
- Coursera – https://www.coursera.org
- Udacity – https://www.udacity.com
- edX – https://www.edx.org
Yvonne spoke about her need to improve the planning and shopping process for her small business, and how she uses Grocery Gadget to assist her in planning and for shopping for food.